Canada’s investment programs are a way for wealthy foreigners and experienced businessmen to obtain long—term Canadian residency (permanent residence), and later citizenship.
All applicants for permanent residence must demonstrate to the authorities of the country that they have their own capital of 2 million CAD and invest 1.2 million in one of the investment programs. CAD for 5 years under warranty from the government.
Each applicant for citizenship through investment in the economy of a Canadian province must meet the requirements established by law and fulfill a number of conditions:
- be of legal age;
- provide a certificate of non-criminal record;
- confirm the legality of the invested funds;
- know English or French at B2 level;
- have qualifications and work experience corresponding to the applicant’s specialty;
- provide a business plan (for entrepreneurs).